With all the effort being put into breast cancer awareness, there are bound to be myths and misconceptions about the nature of breast cancer and how it affects people.
Here is a list of seven such myths:
- Myth: A lump in the breast always means cancer.
- Myth: Mammograms may cause cancer to spread.
- Myth: There’s no history of breast cancer in my family, so I won’t get it.
- Myth: Having a mastectomy is the best way to cure breast cancer and prevent it from coming back.
- Myth: Young women are just as likely to get breast cancer as older women.
- Myth: Breast cancer is fatal.
- Myth: Men don’t get breast cancer.
For every one of these myths is a truth, but you will have to go check out the source to get those answers.
Remember, October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.